1,000 A6 Booklets for £197
Wire-O Bound Booklet Printing
What is Wire-O Binding?
Wire-O binding was invented by James Burn International. It is often referred to by different names including spiral binding, twin loop wire, double loop wire, double-o, ring wire and wirebind.
The binding process is carried out by trimming the pages to size, gathering the leaves into sequential page order and then punching the gathered leaves with a series of holes which are evenly spaced along the height of the spine. A continuous double looped wire in a C-shape is then passed into the holes and squeezed closed.
The wire is available in black, silver and white colours. Wire-O bound books have the great benefit of opening flat and staying flat – making it an ideal solution for notebooks, instruction manuals, text books, cookery books, atlases etc.
Our standard sizes for Wire-O Bound Booklets are:
- 105mm x 148mm (A6 portrait)
- 99mm x 210mm (DL portrait)
- 105mm x 210mm (DL+ portrait)
- 148mm x 210mm (A5 portrait)
- 210mm x 297mm (A4 portrait)
- 148mm x 105mm (A6 landscape)
- 210mm x 99mm (DL landscape)
- 210mm x 105mm (DL+ landscape)
- 210mm x 148mm (A5 landscape)
- 297mm x 210mm (A4 landscape)
- 210mm x 210mm (210mm square)
Ink Colour for Inside Pages of Wire-O Bound Booklets
- Black only – this means that your booklet will be printed using black ink on white paper
- Full colour – your booklet will be printed in four colour process throughout
Ink Colour for Cover Pages of Wire-O Bound Booklets
Your heavier cover can be printed in black only or full colour on one side or both sides – the price is the same for all four options
Lamination of the Outside Cover Leaves
Lamination is a very thin layer of plastic which is stuck to the surface of the printed covers of a Wire-O bound book before they are trimmed and punched. It adds protection to the covers and prevents the ink from rubbing and scratching. Lamination is applied on the outside front and outside back covers.
- Gloss lamination makes the outside covers look very glossy
- Matt lamination is less conspicuous and has non-reflective surface
Booklet Printing Materials for Inside Pages of Wire-O Bound Booklets
- Uncoated – The paper used for your booklet does not have a coating applied to it during manufacture at the paper mill. It has the same surface characteristics as copier paper, as used in photocopiers and laser printers. It is available in weights of 80gsm, 90gsm and 100gsm
- Gloss art – This paper has a glossy surface. It is available in weights of 115gsm, 135gsm and 170gsm
- Silk art – This paper has a very smooth, flat surface. It is available in weights of 90gsm, 115gsm, 135gsm and 170gsm
Printing Materials for Cover Pages of Wire-O Bound Booklets
- Gloss art – This paper has a glossy surface. It is available in weights of 135gsm, 170gsm, 250gsm and 300gsm
- Silk art – This paper has a very smooth, flat surface. It is available in weights of 135gsm, 170gsm, 250gsm and 300gsm
Turnaround Time for Wire-O Bound Booklets
Your booklet order will be delivered to a mainland UK address in eight working days. If you need a faster turnaround, please phone or email us for a quote. It is probable that the faster turnaround will make the job more expensive.
Artwork and PDF requirements for Wire-O Bound Booklets
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your Booklet artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished Booklet, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a “quiet area” to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the Booklet; so please leave an inner margin of between 3mm and 5mm for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your Booklet artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- The image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes