500 40p colour Books for £742
Our standard Perfect Bound Books sizes are:
- 148mm x 105mm (A6 portrait)
- 210mm x 148mm (A5 portrait)
- 297mm x 210mm (A4 portrait)
- 148mm x 210mm (A5 landscape)
- 210mm x 297mm (A4 landscape)
- 210mm x 210mm (210mm square)
What is Perfect Binding?
- Perfect Binding means that the text pages of the Book are glued into the cover, to form a “paperback book”. The sections of the Book are folded, then gathered (so that the folded sections of pages sit on top of each other in the correct order), then the back of the book block is cut with a saw, PUR adhesive is applied to the back and the cover is pressed onto the adhesive with great force. The book is then three-knife trimmed, which cuts off the edges at the foot, the head and the fore edge to leave a neat finish to the sides of the Perfect Bound Book.
Ink Colour for Inside Pages of Perfect Bound Books
- Black only – Obviously, this means that your book will be printed using black ink on white paper
- Full colour – Your book will be printed in four colour process throughout
Ink Colour for Cover Pages
- Your book cover can be printed in black only or full colour on one side or both sides – the price is the same for all four options
Printing Materials for Inside Pages of Perfect Bound Books
- Uncoated – The paper used for your book does not have a coating applied to it during manufacture at the paper mill. It has the same surface characteristics as copier paper, as used in photocopiers and laser printers. It is available in 100gsm weight
- Gloss art – This paper has a glossy surface. It is available in weights of 115gsm, 135gsm and 170gsm
- Silk art – This paper has a very smooth, flat surface. It is available in weights of 90gsm, 115gsm, 135gsm and 170gsm
Printing Materials for Cover Pages
- Gloss art – This paper has a glossy surface. It is available in weights of 170gsm, 250gsm and 300gsm
- Silk art – This paper has a very smooth, flat surface. It is available in weights of 170gsm, 250gsm and 300gsm
Turnaround Time for Perfect Bound Books
Your perfect bound books order will be delivered to a mainland UK address in nine working days. If you need a faster turnaround, please phone or email us for a quote. It is probable that the faster turnaround will make the job more expensive.
Artwork and PDF requirements
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your Book artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished Book, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a “quiet area” to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the Book; so please leave an inner margin of between 3mm and 5mm for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your Book artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- The image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes