1,000 CD Sleeves for £253
CD Sleeve Printing
CD Sleeve Printing Material
- 350gsm matt art board. This card is very rigid and has a non-reflective silk rather than gloss surface. In recent years, this material has become the most widely used material for CD Sleeve printing
Type A Open Ended CD or DVD Sleeve
The Type A sleeve is a (very nearly) 123mm square “envelope”, which is sealed on three edges and open on one edge. If you are old enough to know what an LP is, it’s the same principle used for sleeves which protected LPs. The disc slides in and out of the open edge. The card is printed one side only, because you can’t see the other side which forms in the inner faces on the sleeve.
Type B Encased CD or DVD Sleeve
This design of sleeve, known as Type B, is a 124mm square similar to Type A, but with an additional 124mm square hinged flap which can be printed on both sides – which closes over the opening into which the disc slides, giving added protection and more surface area for printing additional wording or jazzy graphics.
CD Sleeve Lamination
It is not essential, but lamination is recommended to protect the printed surface of the CD sleeve. Gloss lamination creates a very glossy surface. Matt lamination is more subtle and is much more popular than gloss lamination.
Turnaround Time for CD Sleeve Printing
Unlaminated CD Sleeve printing order will be delivered to a mainland UK address in six working days. If you need a faster turnaround, please phone or email us for a quote. It is possible that the faster turnaround will make the job slightly more expensive.
Artwork and PDF requirements for CD Sleeve Printing
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your CD Sleeve artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished CD Sleeve, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a “quiet area” to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the CD Sleeve; so please leave an inner margin of between 3mm and 5mm for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your CD Sleeve artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- The image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes