1,000 Business Cards for £36
Business Card Printing
Business Card Printing Size
- 55mm x 85mm. This is now widely accepted as the standard size for all business card printing. It is a similar size to a credit card, so it fits easily into a wallet
Business Card Printing Material
- 400gsm uncoated. This weight of card is widely used for Business Cards and is ideal when a material with more character than the common gloss or silk board is required
- 450gsm silk board. This card is very rigid and has a non-reflective silk rather than gloss surface. In recent years, this material has become the most widely used material for Business Card printing
It is not essential, but lamination is recommended to protect the printed surface of the business card. Gloss lamination creates a very glossy surface. Matt lamination is more subtle and is much more popular than gloss lamination.
Soft Touch lamination is almost the same as matt lamination, but it resists scuffing and has a slightly velvety feel a bit like the skin of a peach.
Scodix Digital Embossing is a revolutionary, new process which adds a raised, high gloss layer to selected areas of a printed sheet. The effect is absolutely BRILLIANT – it looks like a cross between gloss UV varnish and thermography.
Please supply PDF artwork for the image which is to be Digitally Embossed. This can be supplied as an additional colour (perhaps called Embossing) or as a separate PDF. We recommend that digital embossing does not extend to bleed, so if possible a 2mm clearance from the edge should be observed to assure the best adhesion. If you need help to create the artwork for the area to be Digitally Embossed, our studio will be pleased to give you a quote.
Digital embossing adds one day to our turnaround time.
Turnaround Time for Business Card Printing
Unlaminated Business Card printing order will be delivered to a mainland UK address in four working days. Digitally embossed cards are delivered in five working days. If you need a faster turnaround, please phone or email us for a quote. It is possible that the faster turnaround will make the job slightly more expensive.
Artwork and PDF requirements for Business Card Printing
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your Business Card artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished Business Card, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a “quiet area” to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the Business Card; so please leave an inner margin of between 3mm and 5mm for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your Business Card artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- The image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes